AOL acquired the Huffington Post for $315M today with Arianna as President and Editor in Chief of AOL’s newly formed The Huffington Post Media Group. It is part of AOL's core strategy: AOL's "80:80:80 focus – 80% of domestic spending is done by women, 80% of commerce happens locally and 80% of considered purchases are driven by influencers. The influencer part of the strategy is important and will be potent."
Many of you may not play the Local card enough.And by that I mean you are probably not listed in Local Search by Google, Yahoo, Yelp, MrchantCircle. Why? [Assign someone right now to get that done this quarter. Or hire me to do it for you.]
Tom Peters has been preaching about the influence of women for almost ten years. Women make most of the buying decisions in America. I don't know what to tell you to do about that, but it is something to think about.
- Have you tried coupons and rebates?
- Have you tried Groupon or Valupak?
- Do you have a newsletter?
- Do you email your customer base regularly?
- Are you using bill inserts?
- For the Resi SP, have you tried Facebook ads?